Energetic, hardworking, dependable and great with children. Holding accredited academic experience in the social sciences and arts. Work experience with children in the education realm and hospitality industry. Currently seeking a position teaching English as a foreign language. Solid communication and leadership skills with the ability to pick up new things quickly. Technically proficient in Microsoft office programs.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
• Bachelors in Sociology with an emphasis in communication, May 2005
• Completed a semester abroad in Australia
• Completed 4 semesters of Spanish
Benchamaratrangsarit School, Chachoengsao Thailand Oct 07- Current
• English teacher for secondary level children, ages 13 to 16
• Responsible for lesson making and classroom management
• Required to grade children
Gear-up/Eastern Michigan University, Wayne, MI April 07 – Oct 07
College Preparatory Assistant/ Tutor/ Mentor
• Personal in school tutor for middle school children, ages 11 to 14
• Responsibilities included extra instruction for failing students, keeping failing students active and interested in school, communication with teachers and parents and mentor of failing students.
• Responsible for leading before school and after school tutoring program.
336 Main, Plymouth, MI June 06 – Oct 07
• Focus on customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction
• Built a client base
• Responsible for all opening and closing duties
• Provide training of new employees.
PM Capital, Sydney, Australia August 05– March 06
Administrative Office Assistant
• Processed all applications for new clients and redemptions
• Organized all in office corporate meetings
• Planned and booked all corporate trips for executives
• Reception duties included greeting all clients
• Responsible for answering phones, filing, banking, and post
Café Felix, Job experience while in college. Aug 02 – July 04
• Focus was on customer service
• Ensured patron satisfaction
• Food and alcoholic beverage service and sales
• Provided training of new employees.
• Maintained clean and presentable restaurant.
Adirondack Woodcraft Camps, Old Forge, NY summer of college 2002
Division Director and Camp Counselor
• Head counselor and leader of 13 to 15 year old girls
• Counselor and activity leader of 100 other campers
• Planned and led week long camping, hiking, and canoeing trips
• Planned and led activities with children ages 6 to 15
• Activities included swimming, boating, wall climbing, arts & crafts, archery, sport games, mountain biking, etc
AIESEC – Joined and participated in this organization during university and will be a member for life. AIESEC is the largest student run organization that aims at developing individuals, communities and co-operations through global exchange.
Kiwanis Club Volunteer – Volunteered through the Kiwanis Club for many years participating in activities such as ringing bells and holiday decorating of nursing homes.
Swimming and Diving Team – A member of Salem High School Swimming and Diving Team.